Scottsdale Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Lawyer Scottsdale, AZ
As a car accident lawyer Scottsdale, AZ accident victims trust from SL Chapman Trial Lawyers has seen, car accidents can cause serious physical injury to any part of the body. In the aftermath of a car accident, it is important to get medical attention as soon as you can. Keep in mind that even if you don’t have symptoms of injury right away, it’s actually common for some to be delayed and you may not feel the extent of your injuries until days or weeks later. Unless your injuries were so severe that you had to go to the emergency room, it is important to have gathered evidence at the scene and exchanged information with the other driver. By getting medical care early on, you are starting a paper trail for your injuries that will support your claims.
People drive recklessly everyday, and those who drive without regard for others on the road should be held responsible for what they did. A few of the most common injuries that victims of car accidents may experience have been listed as follows.
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
Car collisions are a primary cause of traumatic brain injury, which happens when the brain is hit with a sudden blow or piercing by an object. Each year, thousands of people succumb to their traumatic brain injury, and many others suffer from long-term disability. Symptoms of a traumatic brain injury can include but are not limited to nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness, trouble sleeping, sleeping too much, blurry vision, slurred speech, mood swings, and more.
Traumatic brain injuries can happen even if there is no external wound to the head, as the brain itself could have still sustained injury to some degree. Specifically in cases where there is brain inflammation or bleeding, a person’s life could be at stake. If you believe that you may have a traumatic brain injury after a car accident, a Scottsdale car accident lawyer urges you to visit the doctor immediately.
In car accidents, it is often the ankles, wrists, arms, ribs, and legs that are vulnerable to being broken. Some victims of car accidents may also suffer from a broken pelvis. The severity of the break will range depending on the factors of the accident, such as how fast the cars were going and what side of the vehicle the person was hit, among other factors. When it comes to broken bones, medical treatment is needed to make sure that it heals properly. Symptoms of a broken bone include pain, swelling, misalignment of the bone, numbness, and difficulty moving.
The mental impacts of being in a serious car accident should not be undervalued, as these incidents are very scary things to go through, especially if it was a collision that resulted in substantial personal injury and property damage. Victims of car accidents must be transparent with their legal team about all the ways that they have been affected since, and that encompasses how their mental health has been. When pursuing damages for the car accident from the driver at fault, your lawyer can ensure that you get mental health support as well.
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, we recommend contacting a Scottsdale car accident lawyer from the team at SL Chapman Trial Lawyers to learn about your options.
Contact Our Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you have sustained injuries in a car crash, you may want to discuss your case with a car accident lawyer Scottsdale, AZ residents trust, SL Chapman Trial Lawyers. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages and other losses that resulted from the accident.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Although car accidents are a frequent occurrence in the U.S., not many people expect to be in one. In fact, being involved in a vehicle collision is quite shocking. However, it is important to remain calm and take the proper steps to improve your likelihood of receiving fair compensation for your injuries.
- Pull over to a safe spot. First and foremost, you must get yourself and your passengers to safety. If your car is still working, move it off the road. If your car isn’t working, turn on your hazard lights and stay in your car until help arrives.
- Call the police. The next thing you should do is notify the police about the vehicle crash. They will come to the scene of the accident and file a police report. The report will include critical information about the accident, such as when, where and how it occurred. Do not forget to ask for a copy of this report for your records.
- Take photos. The old saying is true: a picture is worth 1,000 words. Your Scottsdale car accident lawyer may advise you to take several photos of the accident scene. Capture shots of all the vehicles involved in the accident, traffic signs, skid marks on the road and any visible injuries you have.
- Seek medical care. Even if you just have minor bruising, it is still a wise move to seek immediate medical care after a car accident. You may be more injured than you think, as some injuries don’t always present immediate symptoms. A doctor needs to properly assess your injuries and then advise on the appropriate treatment. If you wait too long to seek medical treatment, your injuries could worsen and may require more extensive treatment.
- Write down everything you remember about the accident. Since memories tend to fade over time, it is a wise move to write down details about the car accident as soon as possible. For example, if you noticed that the other driver was texting before the accident occurred, jot that information down in your notes.
- Be cautious when communicating with the insurance company. If the at-fault party’s insurance company contacts you after the accident, you should say as little as possible. If you prove too much information about your injuries or the accident, they may use that information against you and devalue your claim.
- Consult a lawyer. To improve your chances of winning your car accident claim, hire an experienced car accident lawyer. A lawyer can help you gather evidence and handle the negotiation process with the insurance company.
Schedule a meeting with a Scottsdale car accident lawyer from SL Chapman Trial Lawyers today.