Scottsdale Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck Accident Lawyer Scottsdale, AZ
Compared to other types of car accidents, as a truck accident lawyer Scottsdale, AZ victims trust from SL Chapman Trial Lawyers have seen, truck accidents in particular can be terrorizing for people to go through. A truck vastly outweighs your everyday passenger vehicle by thousands of pounds. Consider the fact that a commercial truck can weigh upwards of 80,000 pounds when stocked to its maximum. Your average vehicle weighs a measly 3,500 on average, making the driver and passengers more vulnerable to severe injury and fatality. Here are a few factors that can cause serious injury when a truck accident occurs.
Lack of Truck Maintenance
Truck drivers and the companies that hire them are required to abide by trucking regulations. But despite these rules, there are many instances where poor truck maintenance has resulted in terrible truck accidents. Many trucking companies are too focused on meeting a deadline rather than the safety of the truckers who drive these hefty vehicles, and others on the road. A lack of truck maintenance can point to mechanical issues that arise while in motion, potentially causing the truck to become out of control. A Scottsdale truck accident lawyer can investigate to see what factors contributed to the accident.
Trucker Fatigue and Time Pressures
Working in the trucking industry is a very high-stress job, and the trucking company may create a culture of prioritizing getting to a delivery on time instead of the safety of the trucker and the general public. A trucker who caused an accident may have been speeding because they were in a rush from their boss pressuring them to get somewhere as soon as possible. Truckers may skip out on sleep and rest breaks because they are worried that if they fail to get to a location on-time, that they will lose their job. By not prioritizing the well-being of the trucker and others on the road, a tragic truck accident can unfold where many victims suffer.
Use of Stimulants, Drugs, or Alcohol
There are studies that suggest a large number of truck drivers take stimulants or drugs while on route to their destination. Drugs such as caffeine and illegal stimulants can cause the trucker to suddenly get a drop in energy, increasing the chances of a crash from falling asleep behind the wheel. Stimulants keep truckers awake in a way that is not natural for the human body, and they may be inclined to drive in a riskier way as well.
Truck accidents should always be taken seriously. Our team understands just how much devastation can unfold because of truck driver fatigue, lack of truck maintenance, and the use of stimulants or other drugs, among other reasons. Anyone that has been hurt in a truck accident is advised to reach out to a Scottsdale truck accident lawyer from the team at SL Chapman Trial Lawyers today so that we can find out more about your situation right away.
Truck Accident Lawyer Scottsdale, AZ
If you were hurt in a truck accident, you may want to speak with a truck accident lawyer Scottsdale, AZ residents trust. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses. A lawyer can help you bring a timely injury claim against the negligent party and look out for your best interests.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries and most often occur due to driver error. Here are the most common causes of truck accidents.
- Distracted driving. Truck drivers spend more time on the road than drivers of passenger vehicles, so they are more likely to give into distractions. They might send text messages, talk on the phone or listen to music to kill the boredom. However, these actions can force truck drivers to take their eyes and attention off the road ahead, increasing the risk of a collision. To keep everyone on the road safe, truck drivers must focus on the road at all times.
- Poor maintenance. Truck companies are required to perform regular maintenance on their vehicles and make repairs when necessary. However, some companies neglect to do this to save money and time. Unfortunately, poor maintenance can result in tire blowouts or brake failures, which can cause accidents.
- Speeding. Trucking companies often place strict deadlines on their drivers to deliver goods. Some truck drivers may feel immense pressure to meet these deadlines and drive over the speed limit. Speeding gives drivers less time to react to hazards on the road, increasing the risk of collisions.
- Improper cargo loading. As a Scottsdale truck accident lawyer can confirm, truck accidents can also occur due to improper cargo loading. Even large trucks can only handle so much cargo. If a load is too heavy, it can fall in the road and cause an accident.
- Driver fatigue. Driving a truck can be an exhausting profession. Truck drivers often spend multiple hours on the road every day, which can take its toll eventually. These drivers may also not get quality sleep at night, which can make them tired and less focused the next day. Fatigued drivers may not be able to concentrate on the road ahead and cause accidents. They may even fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Poor training. Operating a commercial truck is a lot different than driving a passenger vehicle. That is why it is critical for trucking companies to provide sufficient training to new drivers. Otherwise, they may be ill-equipped to handle a large truck and cause an accident.
- Alcohol and drugs. Unfortunately, alcohol and drug use is quite common among truck drivers. The profession can be very stressful, and some truck drivers may use alcohol or drugs to cope. Alcohol and drugs can affect your judgment and reaction times, increasing the risk of a collision.
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you should schedule a consultation with a Scottsdale truck accident lawyer from SL Chapman Trial Lawyers today to discuss your case in detail.