What PRADAXA® is used for?
Pradaxa® contains dabigatran etexilate (as dabigatran etexilate mesilate). After oral use, dabigatran etexilate is rapidly converted in the body to its active form dabigatran. Dabigatran inhibits a specific protein in the blood, called thrombin. Thrombin contributes to the formation of blood clots. Dabigatran is intended to prevent the formation of blood clots.
This type of medication is called an anticoagulant. Some people refer to anticoagulant medicines as “blood thinners.” Excessive clotting sometimes occurs when physical mobility is low, such as following major orthopedic surgery of the lower limb, and due to atrial fibrillation in which the heart beats irregularly. If excessive clotting is not prevented, it can lead to serious health problems such as strokes.
What is the most important information I should know about PRADAXA®?
Pradaxa® can cause bleeding which can be serious, and sometimes lead to death. This is because Pradaxa® is a blood thinner medicine that lowers the chance of blood clots forming in your body. If you or a family member have taken Pradaxa® and have experienced ANY symptoms related to excessive bleeding causing severe injury or death, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact SLChapman for a free consultation. E-mail SL Chapman firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (800) 550-2106.
You may have a higher risk of bleeding if you take PRADAXA® and:
- have kidney problems
- have stomach or intestine bleeding that is recent or keeps coming back, or you have a stomach ulcer
- take other medicines that increase your risk of bleeding, including:
- aspirin or aspirin containing products
- long-term (chronic) use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- warfarin sodium (Coumadin®, Jantoven®)
- a medicine that contains heparin clopidogrel (Plavix®)
- prasugrel (Effient®)
- have certain kidney problems and also take the medicines dronedarone (Multaq®) or ketoconazole tablets (Nizoral®).
If you would like help contacting your doctor to determine if you take any of these medicines or are at a higher risk, then please contact SLChapman LLC by email at email@example.com by calling (800) 550-2106 today. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure if your medicine is one listed above.
PRADAXA® can increase your risk of bleeding because it lessens the ability of your blood to clot.
Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of these signs or symptoms:
- unexpected bleeding or bleeding that lasts a long time, such as:
- unusual bleeding from the gums
- nose bleeds that happen often
- menstrual bleeding or vaginal bleeding that is heavier than normal
- bleeding that is severe or you cannot control
- red or black stools (looks like tar)
- bruises that happen without a known cause or get larger
- cough up blood or blood clots
- vomit blood or your vomit looks like “coffee grounds”
- unexpected pain, swelling, or joint pain
- headaches, feeling dizzy or weak
Tell your doctor immediately or go to the Emergency Room at your nearest hospital if you notice any of the following:
- chest pain or being short of breath
- swelling of hands, ankles and feet
- red or dark brown urine
- red or black bowel movements
These are serious side effects for which you may need urgent medical attention.
What are the ingredients in PRADAXA®?
Active ingredient: dabigatran etexilate mesylate.
Inactive ingredients: acacia, dimethicone, hypromellose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, talc, and tartaric acid. The capsule shell is composed of carrageenan, FD&C Blue No. 2 (150 mg strength only), FD&C Yellow No. 6, hypromellose, potassium chloride, titanium dioxide, and black edible ink.
Who is the manufacturer of PRADAXA®?
Pradaxa® is manufactured by the pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in Ridgefield, CT 06877 USA.
How Are Injuries Caused By PRADAXA® Being Paid For, And How Can SLChapman LLC Help?
If you or a family member believe you have been injured or someone close to you has died from the use of Pradaxa®, then you or your medical insurance company will be responsible for all costs for testing and/or medical treatment. However, you may have a strong legal position that warrants additional analysis. At SLChapman LLC we understand the damages you have suffered or will be caused to endure as a result of excessive bleeding, and we will work to obtain the maximum award provided for under the law. If you are currently experiencing problems associated with Pradaxa®, then you can get help by contacting the experienced lawyers at SLChapman LLC for a free consultation. E-mail SLChapman LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 851-5523 today.